Using the Cannondale Wheel Sensor with both the Cannondale App and the Garmin Connect mobile app for iOS or Android causes known problems. For reliability using the Cannondale App we recommend against pairing the Cannondale Wheel Sensor with the Garmin Connect app. Those problems include:
- Ride files can get permanently removed from the Wheel Sensor by Garmin Connect before the Cannondale App is able to receive them. In these cases, entire rides may go missing from your Cannondale App history.
- In some cases, a Wheel Sensor that's paired with Garmin Connect will be unable (or difficult) to connect with the Cannondale App at all.
- Garmin Connect may try and fail to update the Wheel Sensor firmware, potentially making the sensor unreachable.
How to check whether the Wheel Sensor is paired with Garmin Connect app
- In Garmin Connect tap on
- iOS: "..." More button at bottom right
- Android: ☰ menu button at top left
- Tap on "Garmin Devices"
- If you see "Cannondale Wheel Sensor" in the Devices list, your Wheel Sensor is paired with Garmin Connect app
Cannondale Wheel Sensor that is paired with Garmin Connect app
How to remove the Wheel Sensor from the Garmin Connect app
- In the Garmin Connect Devices list (see above) tap on the "Cannondale Wheel Sensor"
- In the Cannondale Wheel Sensor device page tap on the three dots at top right corner (see photo below)
- Choose and confirm "Remove Device"
- Close Garmin Connect
- Garmin Connect also adds the Wheel Sensor to your phone's saved Bluetooth Connections list and that needs to be cleared also:
- Go to iOS Settings > Bluetooth > My Devices list
- Find the Wheel Sensor ("SPD-BLE...")
- Tap the "i" icon to the right
- Select "Forget This Device"
- Go to Android Settings > Connected Devices > Bluetooth
- Find the Wheel Sensor ("SPD-BLE...") in the "Previously Connected Devices" list
- Tap the Cog icon
- Select Forget Device to remove the pairing
- Finally, power your phone off and then back on
Tap the three dots at top right corner to Remove the device connection
See also this related article: Using the Wheel Sensor with both the Cannondale App and Garmin devices
If you keep Garmin Connect app on your phone
Beware: The Garmin Connect app running in the background will frequently detect the wheel sensor and prompt you to pair it - even while you are using other apps. Choosing to Pair (as in the photo below) will put your wheel sensor back in the state described above. For Cannondale App compatibility, choose "Cancel".