The Cannondale App will record your GPS track and ascent (how many feet or meters you climbed) for each ride. The App uses your phone’s location services to record GPS and ascent. As of app version 3.0 to record rides with your phone's GPS, you must use the Start/End buttons on the Ride screen. Once you press “Start Ride,” the app will track your ride until you press “End Ride.”
The motion of the Wheel Sensor will no longer automatically trigger the app to start ride recording, but it will still be used in the background to ensure the most accurate speed and distance data is captured.
If you have some rides that are missing location, GPS track and ascent, you will see an "Only Wheel Sensor data available" message and wheel sensor icon in place of the ride map image.
To capture GPS and ascent be sure you have:
- Opened the app and pressed "Start Ride" to begin recording
- Location Services on and you have allowed the Cannondale App to use Location in your phone’s OS:
- Android: Settings > Apps & notifications > Cannondale > Permissions > Location (More info)
- iOS: Settings > Privacy > Location Services (On) > Cannondale
- Your phone with you and powered on when you ride
- Bluetooth enabled on your phone (if you want a wheel sensor connection)
- The Cannondale App running in the background
(Note: If your battery dies, you power off your phone or you Force Quit the Cannondale App (swiping up from the Home screen app switcher), then ride recording will stop.)