Sometimes conflicts can occur between the Cannondale Wheel Sensor, your phone's settings, other apps, other devices (cycling computers and watches) and the Cannondale App that leave the Wheel Sensor unable to reliably connect with the Cannondale App. This may appear as:
- Unable to connect the Wheel Sensor to the Cannondale App at all
- The Wheel Sensor may appear to be rapidly connecting and disconnecting
- The Wheel Sensor may appear connected, but never show any speed, distance or time
First, check for a Wheel Sensor firmware update. Many sync and connection problems are resolved by updating firmware. See: How to update Wheel Sensor firmware
If problems persist with current firmware, then continue with all of these steps, in order:
- Check for and remove the Wheel Sensor from your phone's Bluetooth saved connection list. This step is crucial!!! The Cannondale App does not add the sensor to this list. If your sensor is saved in the list it can cause many connection problems for the app.
- Go to iOS Settings > Bluetooth > My Devices list
- Find the Wheel Sensor ("SPD-BLE...")
- Tap the "i" icon to the right
- Select "Forget This Device"
- Go to Android Settings > Connected Devices > Bluetooth
- Find the Wheel Sensor ("SPD-BLE...") in the "Previously Connected Devices" list
- Tap the Cog icon
- Select "Forget / Remove Device" to remove the connection
- Verify the Wheel Sensor battery is working. See details here.
- Wait until the Wheel Sensor has been motionless for 10 minutes before proceeding
- Log out of your Cannondale App account (Settings > Sign Out), then log into your Cannondale App account again
- Remove the Wheel Sensor from Cannondale App > Garage > Bike Details
- Tap into the Wheel Sensor and choose "Remove Sensor"
- (take note of your wheel size / tire width / circumference values to re-apply them in Step 9)
- Check for whether you may have Garmin app or device conflicts by reviewing these articles
- Temporarily turn OFF all other Bluetooth devices nearby (phones, tablets, computers, cycling computers, watches, etc.)
- Power your phone OFF and then back ON
- "Add Sensor" back to your bike in Cannondale App > Garage > Bike Details
- Now check your Wheel Sensor connection:
- On the Ride screen:
- First tap Start Ride
- Select the bike if prompted
- Then start spinning the wheel continuously
- Within 10-60 seconds the wheel sensor should connect and you will see speed values displayed
- or, Go to Activity, tap Sync (if displayed, follow instructions to spin wheel)
- Sensor sync should complete
- "Last sensor sync" time should update
- On the Ride screen:
Still having trouble?
See I'm unable to connect a Speed Sensor with the Cannondale app