For general SmartSense use questions see: Getting started with SmartSense
SmartSense appears non-responsive / Battery Deep Sleep
- After two weeks of inactivity, SmartSense will go into Deep Sleep to reduce battery consumption. SmartSense will appear to be non-functional. To wake from Deep Sleep, hold the button on the battery for 4 seconds.
- You can also trigger Deep Sleep (for storage or transport) by holding the button on the battery for 4 seconds.
Battery not charging / LEDs not working
- If the battery is fully depleted (0%) and enough time passes, in some cases the LED lights will not work. This can make it appear like the battery is not charging at all, when it actually is.
- After sufficient charging time (3 hours):
- Charging on the cradle: Remove and then reinstall the battery on the cradle to reset the LEDs.
- Charging off the cradle: Reinstall the battery on the cradle to reset the LEDs.
Auto Wake feature does not work, or turns SmartSense on when I'm not riding
Front or Rear light not working
- Check that the cable connections are fully seated (some are inside the frame). The connectors may need to be re-oriented rotationally and then firmly seated.
- Try changing light modes
- Connect the Cannondale App and verify the light modes have not been customized to Off.
My selected light mode is changing on its own
- To maximize visibility, lights will always start in mode 1 when first powered on
- Also see Auto Adjust in Low Light / Auto On in Low Light feature explained in Getting started with SmartSense
Auto Adjust in Low Light engages too frequently (StVZO: Auto On in Low Light)
- The function of the Auto Adjust feature can be affected by the ambient light sensor (located on the back of the front light) being obstructed.
- This setting can be disabled in the Cannondale App.
Persistent amber status LED on Radar Display Unit, Radar not working
Check that the cable connecting the Radar to the Rear light is fully seated. The connectors may need to be re-oriented rotationally and then firmly seated.
Pairing Radar with a head unit or watch
SmartSense features do not appear in Cannondale App
Cannondale App does not connect to SmartSense
SmartSense controls do not appear in Cannondale App Ride screen
If you have multiple bikes in your Cannondale App Garage, you must first press Start Ride and select a SmartSense bike to see the Ride screen controls. SmartSense can always be configured in the Garage also.
Still having trouble?
Please contact our support team with the "Submit a request" link below.