Many SmartSense Radar problems are caused by the cable connecting the Radar to the Rear light not being fully seated. This prevents the Radar from getting power.
Signs that Radar is not getting power
With SmartSense already powered ON (front and rear lights are illuminated), check any of:
- A Radar-equipped bike just added to the Cannondale App does not show any Radar features in Garage > Bike Details
- In the Cannondale App Ride screen you see a "Radar Error: Not Found" message after pressing Start Ride
- In the Cannondale App Ride screen you do not see a Radar icon at top left after pressing Start Ride
Radar Display Unit
- Radar Display Unit (if mounted) has a persistent amber status LED
3rd party cycling computers and watches (Garmin, Wahoo, Hammerhead, etc.)
- When pairing: The Radar does not appear in list of available sensors
- Already paired: Radar does not connect
Steps to check and fix the cable connection
- Check that the cable (1) connecting the Radar (2) to the Rear light (3) is fully seated. You should see only 1-2 mm of the glossy surface of the connector (4).
- You may need to unplug the connector, then:
- Be sure to orient the two halves to align the pins (5 & 6)
- Fully insert the cable (4)
Still having trouble?
Please contact our support team with the "Submit a request" link below.